At InsuraGuest, we take protecting your privacy seriously. In order for our sites, products, and services (collectively “services”) to function properly, we need to collect and use some of your personal information. We want you to understand what personal information we collect and how it is used.
This policy is incorporated as part of the Terms of Service that apply to your use of the services. When you use our services, you acknowledge that you have accepted the Terms of Service and this policy without exception. You also acknowledge that you consent to our privacy practices, including our use and disclosure of your personal information.
If you do not consent to the Terms of Service or this policy, please do not use our services or provide any personal information.
Covered By This Policy
Any InsuraGuest-affiliated site, product or service which links to this policy and any collection, storage, transfer, sharing, disclosure and handling of your personal information when you use our services which we define below.
Personal information we collect
When you use our services, we may collect the below types of personal information:
- Mailing address;
- Email address;
- Cell phone number;
- Information that identifies your mobile device, such as Electronic Serial Number (“ESN”) or International Mobile Equipment Identity (“IMEI”) data;
- Device serial number and media access control (“MAC”) address;
- Information collected after obtaining your permission during your use of the site, product or service;
- Any information that you provide as part of filing a claim;
- Other information that personally identifies you or is linked or linkable to you.
As part of the claim process, InsuraGuest or its affiliates may require you to provide a copy of your driver’s license, passport, military ID, or other personal identification card. Additionally, in order to process your claim, InsuraGuest or its affiliates may request your shipping and billing information, credit card information or other preferred payment means.
InsuraGuest also gathers certain information about the use of InsuraGuest’s services, including the number of unique visitors, the frequency of visits, how users interact with the sites, user experience preferences, IP address, and other information that may help InsuraGuest improve the customer experience, mitigate fraudulent activity, and comply with legal requirements. Such information may include, but is not limited to the following:
When you visit InsuraGuest’s sites we automatically collect and store certain information in our server logs. This type of information includes details of how you interacted with our services. It may include personal information such as: IP address, Unique Device Identifier, or CallerID / ANI (Automatic Number Identification) information, content of web pages, transaction with APIs (Application Program Interface), transactions with IVR (Interactive Voice Response) systems, activity and content of visitor interaction with call center representatives; application usage activity, hardware information, hardware and system settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request, referral URL, etc.
A cookie is a small, data file that is managed by your web browser or other application and stored on your local system. InsuraGuest uses session and persistent cookies to, among other things, identify your computer during a particular interaction and analyze your behavior during a particular visit. Most web browsers provide you with the ability to accept or decline cookies, as well as to be warned each time a cookie is being sent. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully use InsuraGuest’s services.
Pixel tags, also known as web beacons, help InsuraGuest better manage user experience and content tracking. Pixel tags are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, which provide a similar function to cookies and are used to track user interaction with content provided by InsuraGuest or an affiliate organization. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, pixel tags are embedded invisibly within content. The small size and transparency of pixel tags are not intended to deceive content recipients, but minimize distraction.
Third-party data sources
InsuraGuest may leverage external data sources in order to provide context and background on the users of its services in order to improve customer experience, mitigate fraud or malicious activity, or comply with internal company and external regulatory requirements.
Do Not Track and Third-Party Advertising Cookies
Do-Not-Track is a public-private initiative, http://www.w3.org/2011/tracking-protection/, that has developed a technical “flag” or signal that an end-user may be able to activate within their browser software to notify sites that they do not wish to be “tracked” by third parties as defined by the initiative. The initiative, however, has not reached a consensus as to exactly what technical or other actions those parties receiving the signal should take. As a result, Do-Not-Track has not yet been standardized and most sites, including InsuraGuest Sites, do not alter their behavior or change their services when they receive a “do-not-track” flag or signal. You can, however, make decisions about your privacy and the advertisements you receive.
How We Use Your Personal Information
InsuraGuest may use your personal information to:
- Fulfill a service to you;
- Complete your purchase;
- Establish and verify your identity;
- Activate and maintain and your account;
- Handle and resolve billing disputes;
- Monitor and maintain the performance and functionality of the device consistent with your choices;
- Provide technical support and click-to-chat functionality;
- Any information that you provide as part of filing a claim;
- Offer updates, notices and other information about site, product or services and services available from InsuraGuest or its affiliates as permitted by law. (Note: at any time you may choose to withdraw your consent to InsuraGuest’s use or disclosure of your personal information for marketing and promotional purposes by contacting InsuraGuest as outlined in Where to turn with questions section of this policy);
- Respond to your questions, inquiries, comments and instructions;
- To enforce the applicable Terms of Service;
- Comply with the law and defend our rights;
- Track and analyze de-identified data and provide such data to third parties that provide services to InsuraGuest;
- Protect against fraud and potential fraud;
- Notify you of any known breach of your personal information; and
- Maintain the security and integrity of InsuraGuest’s systems and services.
How we share your personal information
We will not use or disclose your personal information to non-affiliated third parties except as disclosed in this policy. InsuraGuest may transfer or license your personal information to:
- Non-affiliated companies to assist us in providing, maintaining and operating our services or marketing. These companies are required to comply with the principles set out in this policy and only use such personal information for the purposes for which it was provided to them;
- A third-party, in the event of a proposed or actual purchase, sale (including a liquidation, realization, foreclosure or repossession), lease, merger, amalgamation or any other type of acquisition, disposal, transfer, conveyance or financing of all or any portion of its business or of any assets or shares of our business or a division thereof in order for you to continue to receive the same or similar products and services from the third-party. In such an event, we will provide notice of any material change to this policy, or our services, in the manner described in this policy. In these circumstances, personal information may be shared with the actual or prospective purchasers or assignees, or with the newly acquired business.
InsuraGuest may also disclose your personal information to:
- Comply with the law and/or legal process in which a formal request has been made (e.g. request from an administrative oversight agency, civil suit, subpoena, court order or judicial or administrative proceeding);
- Defend our rights and/or property or the rights and property of others;
- Respond to claims that the content(s) of a communication violates the rights of another;
- Detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues.
How we protect your personal information
We use commercially reasonable technical, administrative, and physical controls best practices to protect your personal information including data encryption where appropriate; however, since the Internet is not a 100% secure environment, we cannot ensure the security of personal information during its transmission between you and us. Accordingly, you acknowledge that when you transmit such personal information, you do so at your own risk. We will notify you of any confirmed security breach of your personal information to the extent required by and in accordance with state and federal law.
How long we keep your personal information
InsuraGuest will retain your personal information as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this policy, unless a longer retention period is required or not prohibited by applicable law.
How you are notified if the policy changes
We may change this policy from time to time. If we do, we will post the updated policy with the last revised date. Your continued use of the site, product or service means that you consent to the updates. You should periodically read the policy to understand our privacy practices.
If we make material changes to this policy, then we will notify you in the site, product or service or by email and seek your affirmative consent.
Communicating with you electronically
By using our services, you agree that we can communicate with you electronically. This includes any required notifications (i.e. legal, technical, regulatory, security, privacy) relating to your use of the services.
Where required, InsuraGuest will seek your express consent to send such messages. This consent is sought by InsuraGuest, LLC, 648 Grassmere Park, Nashville, TN 37211. You may withdraw your consent by using the “unsubscribe” link located at the bottom of our messages, contacting us at the address listed above, or by emailing privacy@InsuraGuest.com.
Your rights related to your personal information
While we take various steps to ensure the accuracy and completeness of your personal information, we rely upon you to provide accurate and complete personal information when interacting with us.
Upon your request and as allowed or required by law and consistent with our applicable partner agreements, you may request InsuraGuest to take the following actions with your personal information: (i) provide you with a copy, (ii) correct, (iii) update, (iv) delete, To make such a request, or if you have a privacy-related complaint, please contact InsuraGuest via postal mail or email as provided in the Where to turn with questions section of this policy.
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third-party dispute resolution provider at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.
A few notes about social media
Children under 13
The site, product or service is not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you become aware that your child is accessing the site, product or service and providing personal information without your consent, please contact us by using the information provided below. We will take steps to remove personal information from our storage systems and terminate the account if we determine that a child under 13 has accessed the services.
For non-U.S. residents
We may transfer personal information that we collect about you outside of the country in which it was collected. If you are visiting from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that you are transferring personal information about yourself to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as the European Union. By doing so, you are consenting to the transfer, use, and disclosure of personal information about yourself to the U.S. as described in this policy.
The InsuraGuest privacy practices, described in this policy, comply with the APEC Cross Border Privacy Rules System. The APEC CBPR system provides a framework for organizations to ensure protection of personal information transferred among participating APEC economies. More information about the APEC framework can be found at www.APEC.org
Your California privacy rights
Under California law, California residents may opt-out of InsuraGuest disclosing their personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and do not want InsuraGuest to disclose your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes, please contact InsuraGuest by any of the ways described in the Where to turn with questions section below and InsuraGuest will respond within 30 days.
Accountability and governance
InsuraGuest has implemented various measures to monitor compliance with and enforce this policy.
If you have any questions about this policy, about our site, product or service, or want to request access to, correction, or deletion of your personal information, or have a privacy-related complaint, you can contact InsuraGuest by email at info@InsuraGuest.com.
You may also contact us at:
Attn: Privacy Office
c/o Office of the General Counsel
57 West 200 South, Suite 400
Salt Lake City, UT 84101